Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.) in Educational Studies with a concentration in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
This program is for K-12 teachers interested in school administration. The Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.) degree is coordinated with the requirements for the Indiana Building Level Administrator license. Students complete 21 credits of licensure coursework across three consecutive semesters and then take nine additional credits in research methodology and electives to earn the master’s degree. See the Building Level Administrator Licensure program if you are interested in the additional Indiana license.
Purdue quality. Flexible schedule.
This program is offered in an online format. Students enjoy the same rigorous academic programs as on-campus students, but with a much more flexible class schedule. Students can sign in for synchronous class sessions and work independently at the same time. Assignments, discussions, and other coursework are posted each week in the virtual classroom.
Students completing this MS program may consider continuing on in the Education Specialist in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies or the PhD in Educational Studies with a concentration in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
This program has rolling admissions. You may start the program any fall, spring, or summer.
This program leads to an Indiana Administration Initial Practitioner license. Contact the College of Education Office of Teacher Education and Licensure (OTEL) at email@example.com before continuing with program application. The first 21 credits are the Building Level Administrator Licensure program.
Please visit the Graduate Licensure Program page for information about license eligibility requirements.
What makes for a successful leader in education?
Purdue specific outcomes and program highlights:
- Distinguish yourself in the education industry with a superior credential from an institution with worldwide recognition and impact.
- Learn tools & highly relevant techniques for leading K-12 schools.
- Advance and network with an experienced and motivated peer group for mutual support, team exercises, and enhanced learning.
- Learn educational leadership practices and how to be applicable in working with individuals.
Why choose Purdue’s Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.) in Educational Studies with a concentration in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies?
- Designed for working professionals to provide the needed flexibility without interfering with your career. Courses can be taken 100% online.
- Developed to engage with faculty with expertise in the area of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies.