Transcript Evaluation and Credential Review

Prior to admission to a graduate level Teacher Education Licensure Programs, a TECR is necessary. The TECR will verify your program and licensure eligibility requirements for your desired content area. The TECR is customized to each individual applicant and includes a list of required courses, the title, code, scheduling information, and links for program-specific licensure exam(s), and other important information.

Your customized TECR is derived from our licensure expertise and responsibility to you as a potential Purdue student. The TECR document ensures that students pursuing Indiana licensure via an approved Purdue University licensure program are properly informed and protected. Specifically, once a student is admitted and enrolled, the university cannot add licensure requirements to what is already stated in the TECR. Conversely, the university cannot remove from the TECR a state-mandated obligation linked to licensure rules.

As part of your TECR, you will be required to send official transcripts for every institution of higher education you attend regardless of whether a degree was received for review. To be considered official, transcript(s) must be sent directly (either physically or electronically) from the attended/attending Universities to either the Office of Teacher Education and Licensure (OTEL) or the Purdue University Graduate School. Copies of transcripts or unofficial transcripts provided by applicant will not be accepted. If you are submitting a TECR for a licensure addition or administration program, you must also provide a copy of your valid Indiana instructional license. Additionally, those interested in an administration program must also provide a letter verifying at least two years of teaching experience while holding an instructional license. Without the required documentation, a TECR cannot be completed.

Ready to request a TECR?

Start your TECR Process

***Attention International Students: If your degree and/or coursework were completed outside of the United States, you will need to provide to the Office of Teacher Education and Licensure (OTEL) an official Evaluation of Foreign Studies. The official evaluation must be completed by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (for a list of members, go to Please send the original report to OTEL at Without an official Evaluation of Foreign Studies, a TECR cannot be completed.

Have Questions?

General licensure inquiries and questions can be sent to